I really enjoy baking and I get a lot of my recipes from online or in books and so I’ve always wanted to write down my favourite ones or the ones that my friends loved the most in one handy place and I thought this would be the perfect place. I’ve been trying a couple of new recipes because I want to do lots of little bakes for my birthday and this is one of them.
1 Cup of Self Raising Flour
Pinch of Salt
1/2 A Cup of Butter
1 Cup of Sugar
1/2 Cup of Milk
1 Cup of Cotton Candy (Not packed!)
1/2 A Cup of Butter
2 1/2 Cups of Icing sugar
2 Tablespoons of Milk
1 Cup of Cotton Candy
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees
- Cream your butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Now mix in your eggs until batter is glossy
- Sieve your flour and add it to your mix alternating with your milk
- Tear the cotton candy into chunks and fold into your batter
- Divide the mix into your cupcake cases and place in the oven
- Bake for 20 minutes, keep an eye on them and you can check if they’re baked by placing a knife in the centre of the cupcake and if the knife comes out clean they are ready.
- Let your cakes cool completely before icing them.
- To make the icing cream your butter and then add the icing sugar and milk and mix until smooth.
- Next, tear the cotton candy into pieces and then fold into the icing.
- Pipe the icing onto your cupcakes (I’m not the best at this but hey give it a go!)
- To decorate, I cut up some straws (Though next time I would use a toothpick as I think they would be easier) and wrapped some cotton candy around it to look like little cotton candy sticks. If you are doing this though these should be done just before you serve because as the cotton candy is exposed to the air they shirk and go hard.
My Verdict: I’m not a massive fan of buttercream icing so I didn’t love that but I really enjoyed the actual cake itself.
Mums Verdict: A bit too sweet for me.
Everyone else that I served these too really seemed to enjoy them so this will more than likely be a recipe I use again. Thanks so much for reading!
If you use this recipe let me know what you think.